It’s just weeks away from our annual Regatta and Games and we are so excited to see you on Saturday, August 4th for a day of fun, friendly competitor and socializing!
Here is the basic information:
1030 Whippoorwill Lane
Registration begins: 9:30 am
Games begin: 10:00 am
Afternoon Social and Games
Cook’s Lake Side
1865 Brady Lake Road
Games: 2:00 – 4:30pm
Cost: Members Free, Guests Over 3 Years Old ~ $2 per person includes Regatta & Afternoon Games, Guests Under 3 Years Old ~ No Cost
We do have 3 important changes that we would like to make sure everyone is aware of:
- The afternoon’s festivities will be moving. This year we will gather at The Cook’s (1865 Brady Lake Road – Lake side). This is just one door down from The Bonvanie’s where our event was previously held. We would like to this opportunity to thank Barry Bonvanie and his family for hosting our event for many years as well as John and Jen Cook for opening their property to us this year.
- We will be trying a new format for the afternoon this year. We will be moving the time slightly and we will not have be including dinner in this years event. This means that hamburgers and hot dogs will not be for sale and you do not need to bring a salad or side to contribute. Due to lack of volunteers this year it was difficult for us to provide food however if you are interested in volunteering to bring back this portion of the event back next year please reach out to our Board of Directors. In addition to the traditional games for both adults and children, we will be fundraising for the association through our 50-50, kids and adults raffle, meat roll, jelly bean guess and silent auction. The Toonie Toss will also be making a return this year.
- Our Silent Auction and Raffle are booth extremely popular aspects of the afternoon. If you, or anyone you know, have anything you would like to provide any donations to help this year’s available prizes amazing please drop them off at one of the following locations any time up until the morning of August 4th:
The Conn’s – 2333 Brady Lake Road
Amanda Conn – 2574 Brady Lake Road
If you have any questions please contact Amanda Conn.
Thank you to both the Strange and Cook Families for hosting our event this year!
We’ve been asked by the Haliburton Highlands Land Trust to spread the word about their upcoming event.
HHLT now owns 5 properties (approx. 1300 acres) and fundraisers to maintain and protect their properties in perpetuity; to ensure the long-term health and diversity of the ecosystems through conservation, education and research.
Friday August 10, Haliburton Legion – Doors Open at 6:30pm
Featuring Jamie Williams Entertainment
Opening band, Cheeky Monkey
Tickets can also be purchased by calling the office or at either Haliburton or Minden locations of Up River Trading Company.
Doors open at 6:30, silent and live auctions to start, then kick off your shoes and dance the night away! Jamie fills the dance floor with his enthusiasm and excellent live music!
Check Jamie out on his website: www.jamiewilliams.com
Delectable appetizer buffet, cash bar. Bring your friends and help support the Haliburton Highlands Land Trust!
Don’t forget to take advantage of the benefits that are available to us through the Federation of Ontario Cottage Associations. Check it out
This weekend we have 3 students from Fleming College on the lake collecting data for a State of the Lake report. This years study will include a fish study and to complete this we need your help!
Below you will find a link to our 2017 Anglers Survey. The survey will only take 5 minutes and will help provide invaluable data. Please feel free to share with any other Brady Lake anglers – the more data we have the better!
Due to the high volume of rain we have received over the last week, the Township has issued two Flood Warnings which may affect us on Brady Lake. For more information please see the two links below.
** Tip – You can receive these notices from the Township directly to your inbox by following these 3 quick steps.
- Go to mindenhills.ca
- Navigate to the bottom, right corner and enter your email address in the ‘Subscribe to Alerts’ box.
- You will then be asked to enter a series of number you see and confirm your registration,
The annual picnic and regatta is just around the corner and we would appreciate a little help from everyone! Every year a dedicated volunteers work hard to make the picnic a memorable experience for each of those who attend. We would appreciate help from everyone to gather prizes for the kids games.
It’s the first weekend of the summer and we can’t wait to see everyone at the lake.
2 Quick Reminders
1. Membership dues for 2015 are due. You can find the renewal form here: BLRA Membership Form
2. Don’t forget to mark August 1, 2015 on your calendars for the 59th Annual Regatta and Picnic.
Have fun and stay safe!
As we prepare for Spring FOCA has released their 2014 Year in Review. As the Brady Lake Ratepayer’s Association is a member association of the Federation of Ontario Cottages’ Associations, we all benefit from the great work FOCA does. Check out the 2014 FOCA Year in Review at the link below. Don’t forget to take a look at some of the awesome benefits you can access as a FOCA member.